Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Random thoughts today...

#1 Dark Horse for 2012 Supercross Season is.... wait for it... Tommy Hahn. Tommy is doing what I did a few years ago, and what Chad Reed did last year, and saying screw it, i'll do it on my own. He got some Honda's with the help of some Honda dealer in Texas and started making phone calls. From my sources he's going to have the same motors and suspensions as Kevin Windham. This should be good for him, dude rips when he's in a solid state of mind, but he seemed to suffer alot of crashes on the Moto Concepts Yamaha's in 2010. Which is what seems to be a problem with alot of them, they're unpredictable at those guys pace for 30 min +2... Just my thought, but watch out for the #12 of Tommy Hahn this season.

#2 I really want to do some mountain bike races this summer. Problems being trying to find free time to do them, the money for a new bike, some are gravity oriented, and over ambition. Seems all the ones I want to do are gnarly! Why do it half ass? Run my ass into the ground racing a bunch of dudes in much better shape than me? SIGN ME UP! But one that has really been interesting me is the Trans-Sylvania Epic in State College, Pa. http://www.tsepic.com/2012generalinfo#STAGES Also if I stay in Kansas City, Missouri I'd like to try to find a way to do some of the Midwest Fat Tire series, and build/find a place to build some sweet pump track/trails. Anybody in the area lemme know lets make it happen!

Back to moto...
The Alessi brothers and the rest of the Moto Concepts team are going to be wearing the new JT Gear, which I think is just awful. Especially the helmets which they're also wearing. I assume this means Mike lost his Red Bull money and the JT money was his second best option. But man, JT really went "full retard" with that helmet.... never go full retard, everybody know that...

In my other moto related opinions, Josh Hansen gets stomped. I actually like the guy, but I think he's going to do dismal. Pumped to see Josh Hill back on a bike. Looking forward to Reed's new gear and set up. I think Wey and Millsaps will both be regular top 10 guys, and also like I said earlier Tommy Hahn.

Remember what I was saying the other day about James Stewart? Well check this out....

No comments: